Microtech Communications Limited recognize that all our activities interact with the environment and are committed to minimizing adverse impacts and improving process efficiency.
Protection of the environment in which we live and operate is part of Microtech Communications values and principles and we consider it to be sound business practice. Care for the environment is one of our key responsibilities and an important part of the way in which we do business.
We take an integrated approach to Health and Safety and Environmental issues and assess Environmental impact on our Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
Supply chain is key to our business and integrated onto our overall business process. We choose who we work with and proactively source suppliers that have achieved Carbon Neutral status in accordance to PAS2060 – a carbon neutrality standard launched by the British Standards Institute (BSI), developed with input from government, public and the private sector.
In this policy statement we commit our company to:
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and approved codes of practice
- Protecting the environment by striving to prevent and minimize our contribution to pollution of land, air, and water
- Seeking to keep wastage to a minimum and maximize the efficient use of materials and resources
- Managing and disposing of all waste in a responsible manner
- Providing training for our staff so that we all work in accordance with this policy and within an environmentally aware culture
- Regularly communicating our environmental performance to our employees and other significant stakeholders
- Developing our management processes to ensure that environmental factors are considered during planning and implementation
- Monitoring and continuously improving our environmental performance.
The policy statement will be regularly reviewed and update as necessary. The management team endorses these policy statements and is fully committed to their implementation.